We view protection of your privacy as a very important principle. We understand clearly that you and your Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) are our most important assets. We store and process your information, including PII and any sensitive financial information collected (as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000), if any, on computers that may be protected by physical as well as reasonable technological security measures and procedures in accordance with the said Act and Rules thereunder.
Collection and Use of Your Non-Personal and Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. KMPL collects both personal and non-personal data when you visit and browse the Website.
We only collect personal information about you after you have provided us with your consent to collect that specific information.
What Personal Information we Collect:
Here are some examples of the types of personal information KMPL may collect and how we may use it:
1. When you create an KMPL Account, make a purchase on the Website, download any downloadable Content, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, telephone / mobile number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, banking and / or credit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
2. When you share your Content with family and friends using the Website, or invite others to participate in KMPL forums, KMPL may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address and phone number. KMPL will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
3. If you transact on the Website, some additional information, such as billing address, other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques etc., may be collected and stored by KMPL, its partners, service providers or authorised personnel.
4. If you choose to post messages on any message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback on the Website, that information you provide to us will be collected for internal use by KMPL. This information is retained as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law. If you send a personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, such information may be collected and stored into a file specific to you.
Use of your Personal Information
– create and manage your KMPL Member Account;
– process your transactions on the Website;
– provide resolution to a complaint / request raised by you (“Customer Service”);
– perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
– display content that is customized to your interests and preferences;
– send mandatory / important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions and policies, or other information that is important to your interaction with KMPL;
– run contests, select entrants, choose prize winners,keep you posted on KMPL’s latest product announcements, software updates, upcoming events and send communications relating to the same. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by updating your preferences;
– run the Interactive Areas;
– facilitate your uninterrupted usage of the Website;
– ensure account and network security, including in order to protect our Website for the benefit of all KMPL Members and users, pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
Source of your personal information when they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared the Content with you while using the Website or invited you to participate in KMPLevents or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating anKMPL ID with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may use, disclose and / or otherwise process your personal information:
– when we have assessed it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by KMPL or a third party to whom it may be necessary to disclose such information, such as to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to handle the processing of payments, provide data storage, host websites, fulfil orders and shipments, assist in marketing, conduct surveys and audits, etc. The third-party service providers
(i) shall be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to provide the service,
(ii) must protect personal information to the same extent as KMPL, and
(iii) shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose;
–for internal purposes such as auditing, sending customer communications, as part of any merger, acquisition or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
We also reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law.It may become necessary by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for KMPL to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities.
Consent of Your Personal Information
The Website as well as the Content, interactive applications, email messages and advertisements appearing on the Websiteuse “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons to enable you to create, sign in to and manage your KMPL Member Account and to help personalize your online experience on the Website. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive. Cookies contain information, including personal information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The information that cookies collect includes the date and time of your visit, your registration information, session identification number and your navigational history and preferences.
Cookies offer you many conveniences. Certain features on the Website may be available only through the use of a 'cookie'. They allow us to identify registered KMPL Members when they return to the Website so that they can retrieve previous preferences. Cookies also save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.Most cookies are 'session cookies,' meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies and you may be required to re-enter your password more frequently during a session, but you will be able to perform basic navigation through the Website.
Pixel tags and web beacons on our Website and in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters allow us to measure the actions of a user opening the page that contained the pixel tag or web beacon. We use web beacons to assist us in determining how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters, improve user experience and manage the Content. When you click on a link on a page with a web beacon, we may record your response to customize our offerings to you.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your personal information including without limitation:
– limiting access to your personal information to those of our employees who require it to provide Customer Service;
– ensuring that third-party service providers sign confidentiality agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and not to use it for any unauthorized purposes;
– personal information collected is retained only as long as it is reasonably required for the purposes it was collected;
– storing your personal information in secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorized access or use and any transmission thereof is protected by using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS);
However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
It is your responsibility to keep your KMPL Member Account log in credentials, including the password, confidential.
Forums & Other Interactive Services
Our Website may include discussion forums or other interactive areas or services, including blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, message boards or other areas or services in which you or third parties create, post or store any content, messages, comments, materials or other items on the Website (“Interactive Areas”). If you use an Interactive Area, you should be aware that these areas are open to the public and any personal information you post or provide at registration may be viewable by othersand can be read, collected or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. We are not responsible for personal information you submit in connection with the Interactive Areas, nor are we responsible for how others might use that information, including sending you unsolicited messages. Interactive Area postings may be retained indefinitely.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
To provide you with the best user experience on the Website, KMPL and our partners and licensees, such as maps data providers, may collect, use and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your KMPL computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by KMPL and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Some location-based services offered by KMPL may require your personal information for the feature to work.
Advertisement and Sponsorship:
The Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website is accurate and complies with applicable laws. KMPL does not check the accuracy of such materials provided and shall not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in the advertisers' or sponsors’ materials. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. KMPL shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
We may link to websites, including third-party content providers that have different privacy policies and practices from those disclosed here. We assume no responsibility for the policies or practices of such linked sites, and encourage you to become acquainted with them prior to use.
The Existence of Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling
KMPL does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
However, KMPL shall not be liable for any failure to do so, and we encourage you to review this policy whenever you visit the Website.